Villages in Chennai
The History of Chennai Villages
Chennai was originally known as Chennai Patnam (in the Tamil language), which was a part of Thondaimandalam. During the 17th Century, the East India Company made its headquarters at Fort St. George. Chennai City Started taking shape with the inclusion of a few scattered villages like Mylapore, Triplicane, and Chennaipatnam and developed into a modern metropolitan city as Madras Presidency.
Between 1755 and 1763, Chennai City was developed with the trading corporation, incorporated isolated towns, established ports and factories. From 1799 onwards, the villages and other places scattered around Chennai get agglomerated gradually with Chennai City.
List of Villages in Chennai
Chennai has three revenue divisions – North Chennai, Central Chennai, and South Chennai.
North Chennai (headquarters at Tondiarpet) division has five taluks — Tiruvottriyur, Tondiarpet, Madhavaram, Perambur and Purasawalkam – with 32 revenue villages.
Central Chennai (headquarters at Ambattur) has six taluks — Ambattur, Ayanavaram, Aminjikarai, Maduravoyal, Mambalam, and Egmore – with 47 revenue villages.
The South Chennai revenue division (headquartered in Guindy) has Five Talkuas – Guindy, Mylapore, Velachery, Alandur and Sholinganallur taluks with 43 revenue villages
The List of Villages are as follows
- Thiruvottriyur-1 & 2
- Chinna Sekkadu
- Chettiyar Agaram
- Okkiam Thorapakkam
Note: If you find some information incorrect or objectionable. Pls mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org