Population of Mayotte 2021

 > > World Population >>  Africa >> East Africa

Population of Mayotte 2021

Mayotte is an overseas department/region and single territorial collectivity of France officially named the Department of Mayotte. It consists of a main island, Grande-Terre (or Maore), a smaller island, Petite-Terre (or Pamanzi), and several islets around these two.  As per the World Population Prospects, 2019 by the United Nations, the population of  Mayotte  in 2020 is 272,815 (272 thousand or 2.72 lakhs)

Source: World Population Prospects 2019

Mayotte Population 2021

Mayotte  has a population growth rate during 2020-2021 of 2.50 %. Its estimated population in 2021 is 279,507. The total Land Area of Mayotte  is 375 Km2 (145 sq. miles) & the Population Density of Mayotte is 728 per Km2 (1,884 people per mi2)

Population of  Mayotte  in 2021  – 280 thousand or 2.80 lakhs (Approx)
 Mayotte 2020 Population
Total Population 272,815 (272 thousand or 2.72 lakhs)
Global Rank186
Dependency ofFrance
Land Area 375 sq.km (145 sq. mi)
Area Rank
Pop. Density728 people/sq. km
Capital CityMamoudzou

Source: World Population Prospects 2019

Mayotte Demographics
Fertility Rate* 3.73
Infant mortality rate ** 3.9
Median Age  20.1 Years
Life Expectancy 79.85 years
Urban Population 46%

*Fertility rate, average number of children born to women during their reproductive years.

**Infant mortality rate is the number of deaths per 1,000 live births of children under one year of age.

Religion in Mayotte

The main religion in Mayotte is Islam (97%) remaining Christian (3% )

Source: Wikipedia